Our Service dock offers full service on the following items:
- Gasoline and diesel, are available at the pump
- Pump-out: Available at a cost of $40.00 per pump-out for non-members.
Please note our operating hours are:
Closed for the winter season as of November 5th
Monday to Friday: 7:00 am to 3:00 pm
Saturday & Sunday: 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
A service attendant will assist you with any of these procedures. Security and safety is of the utmost importance in dealing with fueling watercraft. The RStLYC adheres to Transport Canada refueling precautions while at the service dock.
Extreme caution should be used while refueling because gasoline vapours are highly explosive.
Use the following steps to refuel safely:
1. Moor vessel securely. Make sure an extinguisher designed for oil fires is handy.
2. Shut off the engine. Anyone not involved with fueling should leave the vessel.
3. Extinguish all cigarettes, stoves, heaters, or any other open flame. Turn off exposed lights.
4. Close hatches, doors, and ports. Take portable tanks ashore.
5. Don’t use electrical switches.
6. Ground the fuel nozzle against the filler pipe. Do not overfill the tank.
7. Wipe up any spills. Turn on the blower for at least five minutes, and ventilate cabins and enclosed spaces.
8. Check for vapour odours with a "sniffer" device and by smell.
9. Start engines, and allow the crew to reboard.
10. Keep a fire extinguisher handy.